Effective May 25th
Date of Last Revision: May 24, 2018
Past versions, if any, of our Privacy Policies, Terms of Service and other policies are available upon request.
These privacy policies are here to help you understand what information we collect at Olono about you, how we use it, and what choices you have. When we talk about “Olono” in these privacy policies, we are talking about: Olono, Inc., the company; Olono, the service; and the Olono corporate website at www.olono.ai Olono is available for use via a web browser or applications specific to your desktop. When we talk about “you” in these privacy policies, we are talking about you as an individual user of the Olono website and/or the Olono application, either on your own, or as an employee of a company which has subscribed to the Olono service (“Company”), and in such event to your Company’s use of Olono generally.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We collect personal and non-personal information when you provide it to us in the course of visiting this website.
Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual including, but not limited to, a first and last name, physical address, email address, phone number or other contact information. We may collect personal information when you participate in an online survey, product discussion, or ask to be included in a mailing or email list.
Non-personal information means any information including, but not limited to, your browser type, the URL of the previous website you visited, your ISP, operating system, and your Internet protocol (IP) address. The non-personal information is not used by us to personally identify you and is not readily usable for that purpose.
Generally, you may browse this website without providing personal information. We do not automatically collect personal information. We may use analytic and reporting technologies to record non-personal information such as Internet domain and host names, IP addresses, browser software, operating system types, click patterns, and the dates and times that this website is accessed by you. We may contract with a third party to help us manage, monitor and optimize this website and measure the effectiveness of our advertising, communications and use of this website. We may use web beacons and cookies (described below) for this purpose.
Our Disclosure of Non-Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose non-personal information, in aggregate form, to strategic partners, advertisers, investors and others. You may not opt-out of the sharing of this information.
Third Party Websites or Links
Opting-Out From Receiving Communications From Us
You may opt-out from having your personal information used for certain purposes. If you no longer wish to receive any promotional or other communications from us, you may opt-out by following the instructions included in each email communication or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you need assistance please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use of the Olono service is organized around teams. The most fundamental privacy principle we follow is that by default, anything in Olono is private to your team. That is, viewing the information shared within a specific team requires authentication as a member of that team.
- Olono is the custodian of data on behalf of the teams that use Olono. We don’t own team data. Teams own their data. They like it that way and so do we.
- Teams control what data Olono analyzes and all information collected is opt-in. That said, we think that having more information easily accessible and searchable is better than having less. So, we’ve made it as easy as possible to load information into Olono.
- Privacy goes hand in glove with security and confidentiality. We see these things being the three legs that keep the stool balanced and upright. Each is as important as the other and if one is missing the stool won’t stand. They are all very important to us and we take them very seriously.
Information We Collect and Receive
We collect different kinds of information. Some of it is personally identifiable and some is non-identifying or aggregated. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
- Team information. When you create an account and team on Olono, we collect your team name, domain, and your team description.
- Account and profile information. The only information we require to create your Olono account is an email address and password. Optional information you can enter into your profile includes information such as your first and last name. Any information you add to your profile is visible to other members of your team as described on your profile management page.
- Billing information. If you purchase or your Company purchases a premium version of Olono, our third party payment processors will collect and store your billing address and credit card information. We only use payment processors which are compliant with credit card security standards.
- Log data. When you use Olono, our servers automatically record information, including certain information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before coming to Olono, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data. Log data does not contain message content and is not routinely deleted.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Olono on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
- Geo-location information. Wi-Fi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- Olono usage information. This is information about which teams, people, features, content, and links you interact with within Olono and what integrations with related services you use.
- Service integrations. If you integrate an app with Olono we will connect that service to ours.
- Depending on team settings, team members may be able to add integrations to web applications. Those integrations are viewable by the Team Admin.
- An integration can be removed at any time. Removing an integration unbinds that integration on a go-forward basis. That does not, however, delete the content that was received from the integration and indexed within Olono. There are separate service features to remove content.
- Indexes to viewed content. This includes:
- Links to viewed content
- Specific fields and data within the content itself
- Information enrichment from partners or other third parties. Olono may receive information from partners or others that we may use to make our own information better or more useful.
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer and from your computer to us, each time you visit our website. They are unique to your Olono account or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser deletes them or until they expire.
Some cookies are associated with your Olono account and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in. Other cookies are not tied to your Olono account but are unique and allow us to do site analytics and customization, among other similar things. If you access Olono through your browser, you can manage your cookie settings there but if you disable all cookies you may not be able to use Olono.
Olono sets and accesses our own cookies on our company-owned domains. In addition, we use third parties like Google Analytics for website analytics. You may opt-out of third party cookies from Google Analytics on their respective websites. We do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information for the following:
- Providing the Olono service. We use information you provide to authenticate you and deliver content to you and receive content from you
- Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep Olono secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
- Communicating with you
- Solving your problems and responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
- In-product communications. We may use the information you provide to contact you through the chat information.
When you use Olono, your Team Admin has control over a number of things with respect to privacy and choices about how your content is visible to others or not. Some team members will not have access to all of the same choices that their Team Admin(s) do. That is because Olono is set up to be team-oriented, and provides Team Admins with the maximum ability to control their teams.
Choices For Team Members
- If you are a member of a team, you may deactivate your account. Deactivation of an account disables your access to the Olono team associated with that account but does not delete your profile or content, which are considered part of your team’s data.
- While you cannot completely delete a profile once it is created, you can update your profile information at any time and modify your email settings. You can also change your user name from time to time.
- You can hide or remove content tied only to your account if it is not relevant.
Choices For Team Administrators
- Team Admins have the ability to manage and change most of the team settings for their team. Team Admins can also activate or deactivate team member accounts for their team.
- Only a Team Admin can deactivate or delete its team, or delete content for its team.
- Team Admins manage integrations, data sources, and associated content policies and settings for their team. Team Admins must choose what sources are connected to Olono for their team, and certain functionality will be disabled until appropriate data sources are available.
- For more about these privileges, choices, and permissions, see our service documentation.
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Olono does not control these choices, or default settings, which are offered by makers of your browser.
Sharing and Disclosure
There are times when content and other user information may be shared by Olono. This section discusses only how Olono may share user information. Organizations that use Olono may have their own policies for sharing and disclosure of information they can access through Olono. Olono may share information:
- With consent, to comply with legal process, or to protect Olono and our users. When we have your consent; if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Olono; or, to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. If we receive a law enforcement or other third party request for information we will provide prior notice to the subject of the request where we are legally permitted to do so. For more information on Olono’s policies for responding to requests for user data, please contact us.
- If we receive personal data subject to our certification under the Privacy Shield and then transfer it to a third-party service provider acting as an agent on our behalf, we have certain liability under the Privacy Shield if both (i) the agent processes the personal data in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield and (ii) we are responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
- About you with your organization or Team Admins.
- We may share your email address and team name with your Company or organization. If the email address under which you’ve registered your account belongs to or is controlled by an organization (including your Company) (to be clear, we’re not talking about free web-based email providers like Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo! Mail) we may disclose that email address and associated team names to that organization in order to help it understand who associated with that organization uses Olono, and to assist the organization with its enterprise accounts. Please do not use a work email address for our service unless you are authorized to do so, and are therefore comfortable with this kind of sharing.
- In addition, there may be times when you contact Olono to help resolve an issue specific to a team you are a member of. In order to help resolve the issue, we may need to share your concern with your Team Admin. When possible, we will try to mask or remove any identifying information before sharing these communications.
- For Business and Research Purposes.
Olono takes reasonable steps to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of the Olono service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. When you enter sensitive information (such as sign-in credentials) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL/TLS). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no electronic or email transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error free.
To learn more about current practices and policies regarding security and confidentiality, please contact us.
Olono is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that a minor child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we learn that we have a minor’s personal information, we will delete it.
US-EU Privacy Shield
Olono complies with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks,
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Olono Inc. commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. European and/or Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Olono Inc at:
Our goal is to resolve all disputes through our internal processes. If you have a complaint regarding our collection, use, disclosure or retention of Personal Information originating from the European Economic Area or Switzerland that cannot be resolved through those processes, you may (1) submit the complaint to the relevant data protection authorities, EU Data Protection Authorities and Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) (“DPAs”); (2) at no cost to you, resolve the complaint through JAMS using this link: https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield; or (3) provide notice to Olono Inc. that you desire to resolve the complaint through binding arbitration.
Ownership and Storage of Information
Olono may indefinitely store Personal Information that You provide to Olono or any of its Affiliates through any Website or it may destroy such information in accordance with any policy or directive of Olono or any of its Affiliates for destruction of data or as required by the Privacy Shield, as applicable. For so long as Olono stores such information, Olono will comply with the Privacy Shield Principles with respect such information originating from the European Economic Area.
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets or a business. In these types of transactions, customer and user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired, customer and user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY POLICIES
INFORMATION ACCURACY; CONTACTING OLONO
Should you need to update, correct, or request deletion of any of your personal information notify us by sending an email to please contact us at email@example.com.
Please also feel free to contact us if you have any questions about Olono’s privacy policies or practices. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our mailing address below:
901 W. 9th Street